Total Pageviews

Monday, March 23, 2009

What A Journey It's Turning Out To Be!


The very first post on this Blog, the one in which I invited you, dear reader, to 'Share My Journey', was posted on Thursday 4th October 2007. Now, with more than 500 posts behind me, I can reflect on what a varied Journey it has been, yet always the primary thread that has run through it, no matter what the subject matter, has been my faith in the One true Living God. I have posted items of poetry and song, invariably hymns or meditative verse; items where I have ranted about the dreadful state of affairs in beleaguered Zimbabwe, a land and people who are always close to my heart; items in the news that have upset or outraged me in some manner; and I've shared with you many of my memories from the period in my life spent growing up in the small town of Corsham, which nestles on the edge of the Cotswold at the Wiltshire end. Some of my posts have attracted enormous readership, though most have been followed by a regular readership that has encompassed over forty countries of the world. In the USA my readership has been drawn from almost every State at some point or other, and is regularly subscribed to by readers in around forty States, California often producing the highest number, followed closely by North Carolina.

In all of this I feel greatly privileged to have been able to have you, dear reader, sharing my journey, walking along in a close and, I hope, fairly happy, bunch of folk. I like to think that the humorous items have made you smile and that the serious items have made you think. It's great to receive, as I often do, emails from people who have enjoyed my walks down Memory Lane, and especially so when they come from far afield as one did recently from Malaysia. It's a humbling experience to realise that others enjoy sharing your thoughts, your dreams and your aspirations, and drop along for a while on a regular, or even occasional, wander with you.

Hence the point of this particular post is to say a heartfelt 'Thank You' to all of you, and to add that I hope you will enjoy continuing to Share My Journey with me in the future. One thing that I can promise you is that there will be more of the same, as the spirit moves!

Look out for more walks down 'Memory Lane', more about the books that I'm reading, more funnies, more poems and songs, and more comments about issues that I feel strongly about such as the Zimbabwe situation, the nonsense of Political Correctness, the demise of Common Sense, the attempted Islamification of the United Kingdom, and much more. You might not always agree with me, (in fact it would be a boring world if we all thought exactly the same about everything, wouldn't it!), but if I help to ground and strengthen your opinion by sharing mine then it will all be well worthwhile.
Just like the two in the photograph above, just continue the journey and make sure that you hug and hold on!

No comments: