Total Pageviews

Friday, August 20, 2010

Hymn for today . . .

I remember the night in November 2007 when I was driving home after a choir practise and this worship song just popped into my head. I started to sing the first few lines over and over, and by the time that I arrived home about fifteen minutes later the song was outlined in my head, ready to rush to the computer and write it down before I forgot any of it. I never cease to be amazed at the way God gives these songs to me through the Holy Spirit, and all the praise for them goes to Him.

I hope that you enjoy singing it!

Precious Blood of Jesus 8.8.8.7.

O, the precious blood of Jesus,
Blessed and precious blood of Jesus,
O, the precious blood of Jesus,
Shed for us at Calvary.

On the cross He bled and suffered,
On the cross He cried forgiveness,
On the cross when love was bleeding,
He died there at Calvary.

In the darkest tomb they laid Him,
In the garden trees were sighing;
All was silent, save the crying
Of His friends at Calvary.

But the day was fast approaching,
When the Son would soon be rising,
And the world be realising
He had conquered death and sin.

Came the morn, the grave was open,
Christ had risen, the tomb was empty;
Though once dead He now is living,
In His name we can live too.

O, the precious love of Jesus!
Great and precious love of Jesus!
O, the precious love of Jesus,
Proved for us at Calvary!
© 2007 Colin Gordon-Farleigh

No comments: