Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM
“Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.”
Luke 23:34 (King James Version)

Three years ago, a friend who was visiting me was very upset and angry at her husband. She told me they had a terrible argument. She said “I will never forgive him”. After my friend left, I prayed and said “Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me enough to forgive me for my sins”.

We read in the Bible “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). How dare you and I go to a Holy God and ask Him to forgive us when we aren’t willing to forgive those who hurt us.

Even while Jesus was in excruciating pain and agony, He forgave us while hanging on that cross of horror. If ever someone had a right to harbor a grudge and not forgive, it is Jesus. However, He asked His Father to forgive them because He loves us unconditionally.



When someone hurts us, we are to forgive them immediately. Isn’t that what Jesus does for us? He forgives us and never brings it up again. Sometimes, you and I are like a dog with a bone when it comes to forgiveness, we dig the offenses up again and again. May God have mercy on us.

Heavenly Father, we confess that we have sinned by harboring unforgiveness, resentment, bitterness and hatred in our hearts. We’re sorry. We ask that You would please forgive us. Thank You. May we be children who bring You joy and happiness instead of children who bring You sadness and sorrow. Amen.

Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: