Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

NO ONE IS HOPELESS
“But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26 (King James Version)

Someone said “He is a hopeless alcoholic”. I submit to you on the authority of the Word of God that no one is hopeless. We can’t stop someone from drinking but God can. What a sad commentary it is on those of us who claim to be Christians that we criticize people.

How it must hurt and break the heart of our precious Saviour when He hears the cruel words we say. When we say things to people that hurt them, we might as well take a gun and shoot them. It has the same effect as a bullet. If someone has ever said something cruel to you, then you know how it hurts.

We read in the Bible “Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad” (Proverbs 12:25). When I was a teenager in school, I was called fat and ugly and stupid. Because of those cruel words, I believed that I was no good and was in a deep depression for almost thirty years.

It is time that we stop hurting Jesus by the cruel words we say. “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me” (Matthew 25:40). We should hang our heads in shame for hurting Jesus!

Heavenly Father, we have hurt Jesus and hurt You by the cruel and thoughtless words we have said to people. I pray that You will please have mercy on us and forgive us. Please help us to realize that when we say cruel words to people, we are also saying them to Jesus. Amen.


Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: