Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In Praise of Him: 3 books available

Eleven collections of my verse have been published over the years, the first, 'Memories', appearing way back in 1964. For some years now the bulk of my verse has fallen into the category of 'Praise work', and these three collections are the result of it.

All available from Voice Publications, the proceeds from their sale go towards the upkeep of Voice Ministries. Why not visit the website today and order a copy of one or more of them. I'm sure that they will be a blessing to you.

The Presence of Angels
.
I stand in the presence of angels,
To gaze at the foot of the cross:
My tears fall like dew in the evening
To know that my gain was Your loss.

I kneel down before You, a sinner,
As wretched and poor as I am:
Then stand, in blessed forgiveness,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

How can I ever repay such love,
That for freedom has set me free?
Save only to look on Your face,
And give what I have, which is me.

Use me to serve You forever,
In the presence of angels still:
Take me and teach me Your pathways,
To walk evermore in Your Will.
© 2006 : Colin Gordon-Farleigh


Have You?
.
Sometimes it makes me wonder
about the people whom I meet;
those I find in a quiet church,
or on a busy street;
hurrying and scurrying,
being kind and doing good,
the way that well we know,
God has ordained we should.
Yet, sometimes, we meet someone
with a special word to say,
And when they do we wonder,
did an angel come our way?
We see no angelic wings,
and hear no heavenly choir;
yet something in the way they look,
— familiar, not odd —
Leaves us with a sense
Of having briefly met with God.
© 2006 : Colin Gordon-Farleigh


Long, Long Ago
.
It was long ago on that starlit night,
Over the stable shone a star so bright;
Cattle in the stable began to low,
For Christ was born there, long, long ago.

There in a manger filled with sweet, soft hay,
Little baby Jesus was born that day;
Mary and Joseph looked on Him with love,
The heavenly host sang in the skies above.

Shepherds in the fields did their vigil keep,
Looked up to the sky as they watched their sheep;
Then suddenly a light shone all around,
And the frightened shepherds fell on the ground.

Looking around they saw an angel there,
He spoke to them and told them not to fear;
He said, “I bring news of the greatest joy,
Good news of the birth of a baby boy.”

Suddenly appeared on that day of days
The heavenly choir singing out God’s praise;
Singing ‘Glory to God and peace amongst men,’
Over, and over, and over again!

The shepherds up and to the stable went,
Following the sign that was heaven sent;
Giving praise to God for the Child they found,
Kneeling in that stable on hallowed ground.

Now we can share in that glorious sight
That the shepherds found on that holy night;
Praise God for the child who in manger lay,
Praise and glorify each and every day.
© 2006 : Colin Gordon-Farleigh

No comments: