Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 4, 2010

More New Hymns for Today

As I'm going to be away on holiday for the next week here are three extra hymns to add to your collection. I hope you'll enjoy singing them as you worship and praise Almighty God. If you use any of them in your church service, (and I hope you do!), then don't forget to report their use to CCLI as usual.

Don't forget that you can find more hymns, both in Welsh and in English, on the Sheer Joy Music website. You can also sample to some of my secular songs there as well. Why not pay a visit today?

Oh, the Wonder! 87 87
Tune: BLAENWERN

Saviour, now I hear you calling
Me to serve You here below;
Blessed Jesus, I will follow,
Where You lead me I will go.
Oh, the wonder! Oh, the rapture!
Precious Saviour, I am free!
Oh, the wonder! Oh, the rapture!
Purest joy of serving Thee.

In my waking and my sleeping,
At the morn or eventide,
Holy Spirit in this temple,
As my Comforter and Guide.
Oh, the wonder! Oh, the rapture! . . .

Knowing You are always near me,
Walking always by my side,
Ever safely watching o’er me,
Blessed Saviour, friend and guide.
Oh, the wonder! Oh, the rapture! . . .

I acknowledge You as Saviour,
Who hung there upon the tree,
Worship You, my blest Redeemer,
Son of God who died for me.
Oh, the wonder! Oh, the rapture! . . .
© Colin Gordon-Farleigh, 2006


Bread and Wine LM
Tune: Old 100th
Redeemed by Him, and then restored,
Keeping the death of Christ the Lord.
In memory we share this food,
The bread His flesh, the wine His blood.

Take, eat, and now remember Him,
His body broken in our stead,
In full forgiveness, till He come,
Share in the breaking of the bread.

Then as we take the cup of wine —
His life-blood shed to set us free —
Deeply we drink from draught of pain,
His blood was shed for you and me.

Our sweet communion, Three-in-One,
By mercy, through His grace, we meet
To share in this memorial feast,
Then praise and worship at His feet.

© Colin Gordon-Farleigh, 2006


Glorious Love 10.10.10.10.
TUNE: Woodlands (Alt. TUNE: Ellers)
O glorious Love, that dared to love mankind,
Came down to earth to seek the lame and blind;
Then through that love, as great as love could be,
Died on the cross to claim the victory.

Such perfect Love! Yet purchased at a cost,
You came to seek and find, to save the lost;
To pay the awful price of sin and shame,
And having paid, return from whence You came.

O glorious Love! Yet You will love us still,
Now draw us close to You, Your love fulfil.
Then when, in glory, You return again,
We will, in rapture, loud proclaim Your Name!

Such perfect love! Whose name all men will praise,
Will glorify until the end of days;
Who, coming down to earth, did mankind save,
The sacrificial Lamb who beat the grave.

O glorious Love! Until You come again,
Lord, free us from a life of toil and pain;
Help us to live according to Your will,
Then, drawing our last breath, to praise You still!

© Colin Gordon-Farleigh, 2006

No comments: