Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

ARE YOU READY TO GO
“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:”
1 John 2:1 (King James Version)

For those of us who have been redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus, we are saved for all eternity. However, there are times when our hearts are not right before God. We criticize people and judge them and even say sarcastic things to them. These things stink in the nostrils of God.

Pastor Elisha Allbright Hoffman wrote one of my favorite songs “Is Thy Heart Right with God”. Can you say yes to the questions in this song? “Have thy affections been nailed to the cross? Is thy heart right with God? Dost thou count all things for Jesus but loss? Is thy heart right with God?”

It is very important that we keep our hearts in right standing with God. Not only because we don’t know when Jesus is coming back for us but also because it hurts God when we say cruel words and do cruel things to our families, to our loved ones and to our friends. Are you ready to go if Jesus comes back today?

Heavenly Father, please forgive us for criticizing people and for judging them. I pray, dear Father, that every word that comes from my mouth would be an encouragement to my family, to my loved ones and to my friends. Thank You for sending Jesus to be our Saviour so we may live with You in Heaven. Amen.

Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: