Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

GOD’S HEART RECOVERY
“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:”
1 John 2:1 (King James Version)

I had to do a complete system recovery on my computer yesterday. I’m not sure what happened. Things just stopped working right. Perhaps a virus got past my antivirus program. Everything is working great now.

As I was thinking about a virus attacking my computer, I was reminded of how satan attacks us with many viruses. One of the definitions for the word “virus” in Webster’s Dictionary is “something that poisons the mind or soul”.

There are times when we allow bitterness, criticism, hatred, jealousy and unforgiveness to remain in our hearts and those things poison our hearts. These things hurt Jesus and bring shame to Him and we need to ask God to forgive us.

When we sin, Jesus is our advocate. He pleads for us with our Heavenly Father. How does He plead for us with God? He prays for us. “But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren” (Luke 22:32).

Does God need to do a heart recovery on your heart? Have you allowed the viruses that satan hurls at us to stay in your heart, things that hurt Jesus and bring shame to Him? If so, ask Him to forgive you and to help you so you won’t hurt Him again.

Heavenly Father, we confess that there are times when viruses of sin build up in our hearts. Please forgive us and cleanse our hearts. Jesus, thank You for praying for us. Amen.


Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: