Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

ARE WE DOING OUR BEST
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.  These things I command you, that ye love one another."
John 15:16,17 (King James Version)
      S. C. Kirk wrote a hymn that should challenge and convict every Christian's heart.  The name of this hymn is "Our Best".  "Hear ye the Master's call, "Give Me thy best!"  For, be it great or small, that is His test.  Do then the best you can, not for reward, Not for the praise of men, but for the Lord." 
      Every Christian needs to ask himself or herself this question "Am I honestly doing my best for Jesus"?  Nobody can answer that question for us because nobody but Jesus can see into our heart.  I have to admit that I don't always do my best for Jesus.  However, my heart's desire is to do my best for Jesus.
      The best we can do for Jesus is to love each other and forgive each other.  Jesus has commanded us to love one another unconditionally just as He loves us unconditionally.  Are you doing your best for Jesus?  Do you love others unconditionally or do you put conditions on your love?
      Someone said "I will give this person one year and if this person doesn't meet my expectations, I will withdraw my love".  Jesus loves us so much that He doesn't stop loving us even if we don't do what He tells us to do.  He loves us unconditionally.
      Heavenly Father, please forgive us for not always doing our best for Jesus.  Help us to shut off the television set, get out of our comfort zones and serve the One who died for us.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: