Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

SET THE EXAMPLE
"And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."
Deuteronomy 6:6,7 (King James Version)
       A dad was yelling at his son and said "If you don't stop doing drugs, you can no longer live in this house".  All the time the dad was yelling at his son the dad was smoking a cigarette.  It is time that we stop yelling at our children and telling our children what to do.  We must set the example for them.
      Several years ago, a mother sat in my living room and said to me "I wash my hands of my stepson.  I have done all I can do for him."  I asked her if she had prayed for him and she said "It wouldn't do any good.  My stepson is a hopeless case."  Thank God that He never gives up on us.  He just keeps loving us.
      I have heard many testimonies from people who said that it was because of their praying mothers that they are saved today.  How sad that instead of praying for our children, we criticize them and tell everyone how terrible they are.  If we don't pray for our children, we have not done all we can do for them.
      Are you setting a good example and telling your children about Jesus?  My Mother used to say to me "Don't do what I do, do as I say."  It doesn't work that way because children will do what they see their parents do and say what they hear their parents say.  What are you doing and saying in front of your children?
Joanne Lowe

No comments: