Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

NOT JUST OUR SOUL
"For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.  And they went to another village."
Luke 9:56 (King James Version)
      Our precious Saviour allowed them to crucify Him on a cross of horror and excruciating pain so that we can have our sins forgiven.  There is no love greater than the love of Jesus.  What an amazing and unconditional love flows from the heart of Jesus for us.
      However, it's not just our soul that He saves, He also saves us from danger and there are times when He has to save us from ourselves.  Sometimes we get off of His highway and travel down the highway of the world.  We make poor choices and we even go to places where we should not go.
      Priscilla Jane Owens wrote a beautiful hymn "Jesus Saves".  "Give the winds a mighty voice: Jesus saves! Jesus saves!  Let the nations now rejoice: Jesus saves! Jesus saves!  Shout salvation full and free; highest hills and deepest caves; This our song of victory; Jesus saves! Jesus saves!"
      Thank God for the victory we have in Jesus!  I am so thankful that on August 14, 1980, I invited Him into my heart to be my personal Saviour.  There are no words to describe the happiness that filled my heart on that day.  From that day until this day, He has never left me, not even for one minute.
      Heavenly Father, we give You thanks for Jesus.  Thank You for loving us so much that You sent Him into the world so we may be saved.  Jesus, thank You for opening Your heart of love to us and for dying for us.  I love You so much, my precious Saviour.  I appreciate all that You do for me.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: