Total Pageviews

Friday, May 25, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Are We An Example'


ARE WE AN EXAMPLE
 “Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”
1 Timothy 4:12 (King James Version)
     Are we an example of the believers as the Bible instructs us to be?  When people look at us, do they see and hear the beauty of Jesus or do they see and hear the ugliness of satan?  There is no middle ground.  They either see and hear the beauty of Jesus in us or they see and hear the ugliness of satan.
     Ron Hamilton wrote a song as a tribute to his dad “I Saw Jesus In You”.  Ron saw Jesus in his dad.  Yesterday, I was talking to one of my friends and I told her “I see Jesus in you”.  The desire of my heart is to make Jesus happy and for people to see Jesus in me.  This should be the desire of every Christian.
     Heavenly Father, O, how I want people to know that I love Jesus.  I pray that people will always see Jesus in me by the loving things that I do for them and hear Him in the kind words that I say to them.  May we always exalt the beauty of Jesus in everything that we say and do.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
May 25, 2012

No comments: