Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'A Sign of Love'


A SIGN OF LOVE
“When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, And said, Where have ye laid him?  They said unto him, Lord, come and see.  Jesus wept.  Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!”
John 11:33-36 (King James Version)
     My Mother went home to be with Jesus several years ago but I still miss her.  Mom told me that she liked it when I wore green because I looked good in green.  On Mother’s Day, if I remember to do it, I always wear something green in honor of her.  She told me the green brought out the color of my eyes. 
     At Mom’s funeral, I did not cry because some people told me everyone would be watching me to see if I would cry.  They said “You are a Christian and Christians should not cry when someone dies”.  I submit to you on the authority of the Word of God that statement is a lie straight from the pits of hell.
     Jesus wept when Lazarus died, not because Lazarus was dead but because He loved Lazarus.  The Jews knew that Jesus wasn’t a sissy when He wept for Lazarus.  They knew that when Jesus wept for Lazarus that it was a sign of love.  “Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!”
     Heavenly Father, thank You for our mothers.  How thankful I am to know that I will see my Mother again when I die or when Jesus comes back for us.  I pray that You would comfort all those who are hurting and missing their mother.  Please wipe the tears from their heart and eyes with Your tender kisses of love.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
May 13, 2012

No comments: