Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'The Greatest Star of All'


THE GREATEST STAR OF ALL
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (King James Version)
     I read in the newspaper that a famous star was going to be on stage here in Pensacola where I live.  The tickets are on sale now and they are very expensive.  Someone said “I’m not going to buy soft drinks and chips this month so I will have the money I need to buy the ticket.  This is my favuorite star”. 
     The greatest Star of all is Jesus and one day He is going to make a special appearance here on earth.  However, He won’t be on a stage like we are used to seeing.  His stage will be the earth and His audience will be every person on earth.  How I long for that day when I shall see my precious Saviour face to face!
     “Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.  Even so, Amen” (Revelation 1:7).  Some of us will rejoice and be happy when He comes back for us while others will wail and hang their heads in shame.
     Are you ready to meet Him if He comes back for us today?  Have you confessed your sins, repented and asked God to forgive you and invited the Christ of Calvary into your heart to be your personal Saviour?  If not, I urge you; I plead with you to say “yes” to Jesus even as you read this devotion.
Joanne Lowe
May 16, 2012

No comments: