Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 18, 2007

For a Change . . .

This is the last day of my holiday and so I plan to go to church in Liverpool for a change. One of the problems as a minister is that you are often so busy ministering to others that you don't get the blessing of being ministered to yourself. I sometimes joke that I don't often get the opportunity to go to church because I'm always working!
Anyway, today I plan to go to the Grace Family Church in Liverpool, which will be a great worship experience for me. They are a young, lively and vibrant church who praise the Lord with JOY! Sometimes it depresses me somewhat when I see the long faces of people on their way to the morning service at various churches (not that there are that many who do that any more, proportionately), and then, if you watch them coming out after the service, you can see even longer faces!!!

Now I think that to be able to join together and praise the Lord with your whole being is a thing of JOY! The true believer believes that where just two or three are gathered together Jesus is with them, and that's a wonderful blessing. What's to have a long face for then?

If people hear that some well-known personality is going to be in a certain place at a certain time, then they flock in their thousands to catch a glimpse. A lot of the pleasure will be derived simply from being in the same place as the personality. Yet at every Christian believer's service the Lord is there; the King of Kings whom you can meet and enjoy a personal relationship with! What could be greater than that!

So today I will be meeting with Jesus in Liverpool. But after that, as I leave to come home, I shall not leave Him behind, for I will continue to walk with Him the rest of the day and the rest of my life. I hope that you, dear reader, will have a truly blessed day with the Lord today, and that it will be a life-changing and life-improving day because of it.

No comments: