Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 4, 2007

I've just been handed NUMBER 5!

Natalie, from Koinonia Community, writes about one collecting craze that went way OTT! She writes:

My husband is a hog farmer. So for years family and friends worked hard to establish a 'pig' collection for him. We had pigs everywhere! Pig Statues, pig pictures, pig pot holders, pig clothes - you name it, we had it. They grew tired of it though. Now we choose only to collect blessings.

I know what you mean, Natalie! A friend of mine has hundreds of 'piggy' things. A while ago I sent her a set of slat & pepper shakers shaped like pigs. She has wallpaper, towels, writing paper, plates, figurines, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!

I also knew someone who had loads of soft-toy type owls, owl plates, owl models, and so on in her house. "Oh", I said, "I didn't know you collected owls." Her reply was swift, "I don't! If only people realised that, then perhaps they would stop giving them to me!!!"

So I have decided that NUMBER 5 on my list of CRAZEE HOBBIES is:


Collecting things with animals, birds or fish on to a crazy degree.


What will number 6 be? You decide!

No comments: