Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 29, 2007

NUMBER 9 is here!



Number nine in my list of
UNUSUAL AND CRAZEE HOBBIES is:

Trying to clock up the record for seeing
The Sound of Music the most times!
The title works better if you sing it in the 'Sound of Music' style.

The most ardent Sound of Music fans dress up to go the cinema to see it. I wonder if they dress up when they watch it on DVD in their own homes? Perhaps GROUPS OF FANS get together for special viewings in each other's homes, dressed up in the costume of their favourite character!

I once saw a photograph in the newspaper of a special cinema viewing where dozens of the audience were sat in a Nun's costume. Individually, of course! Not all collectively in ONE Nun's costume, that would have been strange!

Of course, dear reader, I realise that maybe one or two of you absolutely love this film, and so, especially for those of you who do, here's a few pics.

1 comment:

koinonia community said...

Oooooh! Kind of like the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' used to be here several years ago. I remember going to a theatre in DC to see that one.

My girls probably have most people beat as far as watching at home goes. The Sound of Music and My Fair Lady are their favorite movies. They watch them at home. They watch them in the van. Of course, I justify it as they are learning about history and culture. Okay, I'm grasping, aren't I?! :)