Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2007

His Voice, not mine

As soon as I've written this morning's blog I shall be getting ready for my trip to South Wales --- Swansea to be precise --- where tonight I have the privilege of sharing the Word of God at a Crusade evening. I expect that there will be some people who travel quite a distance to get to the chapel concerned. The thing that I have to be very careful about is making sure that I don't fall ito the trap of believing that they come to hear what I have to say, for the truth is that they will come to hear what God has to say through me. It's very easy to fool yourself into thinking that you are special because you have been blessed with the opportunity to share the Word, but the truth is that we are all blessed with the same opportunity; it's just that the method of sharing is different according to what God wants.

The first thing that I do each day in my prayer time is to hand myself over anew to God for the whole day. That way I can be sure that what happens in my day is right with Him, and if it's right with Him then it's fine by me!

So, dear reader, please send up an arrow prayer for me as I prepare myself throughout today. I shall be speaking tonight at Tabernacle Chapel, Terrace Road, Swansea, at 6.30pm (GMT), and believe you me, I value your prayers! I'll let you know how it went in tomorrow's blog.

In Swansea there is a statue to the man who is recognised as one of Wales' greatest poets, Dylan Thomas. I'm a great admirer of his writing, and particularly love the imagery in his play, 'Under Milk Wood'. I have a recording of it on tape somewhere with the wonderful voice of the late Richard Burton.