Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New meditation from Joanne Lowe: Jesus is Praying For Us

JESUS IS PRAYING FOR US

“And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”
Luke 22: 31, 32 (King James Version)

How thankful I am that my friends pray for me. I really do appreciate it when people pray for me because we can’t make it through this world that is filled with so much violence and corruption without prayer. However, to know that my precious Saviour is praying for me humbles me and fills my heart to overflowing with joy and happiness and gratitude. Jesus does not play favorites. If He prayed for Simon, He is praying for us.

Did you know that satan is trying his best to defeat every Christian and he will do all that he can to discourage us so that we will give up and stop serving Jesus? We must be on our guard every minute. Has this ever happened to you? It has happened to me several times. Things are going wonderful with no problems for a change when all of a sudden; satan hurls one of his vicious poisonous darts. Once again we have been kicked off of the mountain top and we are back down in the valley of discouragement and despair.

It is very important that we put on the whole armour of God before we get out of bed. It only takes one minute for satan to lie to us and attack us. We read in the Bible “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6: 10, 11). Don’t get out of bed without putting on the whole armour of God! Don’t allow satan to attack you. Prepare for the battle. Thank You, Jesus, for loving us unconditionally and for praying for us.

No comments: