Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Welsh Hymns/Emynau Cymraeg

I'm often being asked about those of my hymns that have been translated into Welsh, and so I'm going to publish a few occasionally here. Below is my hymn Jesus My Saviour reproduced in both Welsh and English. It is sung to the tune 'Bunessan' which is the tune used for the hymn Morning Has Broken. I hope you like it and enjoy singing it. If you use it in your church please ensure that you notify CCLI of its usage.

IESU NGWAREDWR (Jesus My Saviour)
(TÔN: Bunessan)
Iesu Ngwaredwr,
Geidwad trugarog,
Maddau ein beiau,
Gwir Fab y Tad.
‘Rôl edifeirwch
Duw rydd faddeuant,
Cawn iachawdwriaeth
Drwy’r Iesu mad.

Iesu ddaeth atom
O nef y Duwdod,
Ganddo mae’r ateb
I gyflwr dyn.
Angau yw cyflog
Pechod , ond talodd
Ein holl ddyledion
Â’i waed ei hun.

Deuwn, addolwn,
Gweision y deyrnas,
Tystion ei gariad
I ddynolryw;
Nawr a’n dragwyddol,
Nes gweld ei wyneb,
Caria’r colledig
Deillion a briw.

Nawr gorfoleddwn
Caed iachawdwriaeth
Drwy Iesu’r prynwr
Ddaeth oddi fry.
Ef yw ein Ceidwd,
Mab y goruchaf,
Bendith ei gariad
Roddwyd i ni.

Dyrchafwn foliant
I nef y nefoedd;
Fe ddaw’r diwrnod
Cawn weld ei wedd.
Canau’r angylion
Glod ei ogoniant
Ef yw’r Meseia,
Awdur ein hedd.
© 2009 Colin Gordon-Farleigh
Cyf: Eirlys Gruffydd



Jesus, My Saviour 10.9.10.9.
(TUNE: Bunessan)

Jesus my Saviour, Son of the Father,
Sins are forgiven, mercy divine;
With true repentance comes God’s forgiveness,
I claim salvation, Jesus is mine.

Jesus descended down from God’s heaven,
He is God’s answer to mankind’s sin;
Death was sin’s payment, once and for ever,
Our Saviour died that we might go in.

Now we must worship, serving the Kingdom,
Witness of His love to all mankind;
Now and for ever, until we see Him,
Burdened by all the lost and the blind.

We can rejoice now, our rich salvation,
Granted to us through Jesus above;
He is our Saviour, Son of the Father,
Gift of redemption, blessed by His love.

Send all your praises winging to heaven,
‘Waiting the day when you see His face;
Angels surround Him, praising His glory,
Promised Messiah, sent by God’s grace.
© Colin Gordon-Farleigh, 2006

No comments: