Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trusting God in All Things

'Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable ― if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ― think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me ― put it into practise. And the God of peace will be with you.' (Philippians 4: 4-9 NIV)

In Philippians 4:6, we read
‘Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.’ Whilst we lie awake at night, tossing and turning in our beds, unable to sleep because of the multitude of things that worry and trouble us, God is waiting for our request.

The following comes from the devotions of Gail Rodgers:
It’s easy to begin depending on our own best thinking when we lose heart in expecting God to answer our prayers. Trusting God, when our path in life grows muddy, is not an easy task. The mud of weariness, busyness and hurt can cause us to trip and even fall. We wonder how we will ever get up again. Faith can feel like a thread that threatens to break.

Trusting God with your life, even when it makes no sense to you, is to choose to grab hold of the pearl of wisdom. As Christian women we know the vital connection prayer is to our God, yet we can let it slip away from fingers muddy from falling. We must be deliberate in choosing to cling to it. There is great wisdom and reward in depending on our God even in the silence.

Maintaining that vital connection to God in prayer is a choice. Step by step, through the fog on our pathway, we can choose to trust that God has our best interest at heart and lean on His strength to get us through our day… or … we choose to shrug Him off with little expectation and lean wearily on our own understanding.
(This article is under Copyright : Used with permission)

Prayer for Trust
Heavenly Father, most of the time I have no idea where I'm headed because I struggle to see the path in front of me.Not only that, but I'm not certain where or when it will end. I think that I am following your will, yet I realise that it's not certain that I am doing so. Nevertheless, I believe that the desire to please you does so. Please help me to maintain that desire in all I do, for I know that if I keep my focus on You and work towards pleasing You in all that I do and all that I am then You'll lead me along the right path, even though there may be times that I fail to recognise it. I will trust You always. Help me never to fear, secure in the knowledge that You are always with me, and that You will never leave me alone. Amen

No comments: