Total Pageviews

Friday, October 29, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

OUR RESTORING SHEPHERD
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”
Psalm 23:1-3 (King James Version)


Jesus, our restoring Shepherd, not only restores our souls, He also restores us to health both physically and emotionally. Our loving Shepherd also restores our broken homes and our broken lives. Thank God for our restoring Shepherd!


Dorothy Ann Thrupp wrote a beautiful hymn “Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us”. I believe that she wrote this hymn from the depths of her heart. I am so glad that the words in this hymn are true.


“Thou hast promised to receive us, poor and sinful though we be; Thou hast mercy to relieve us, grace to cleanse and power to free.” Jesus receives us just as we are. There is nothing we can do to make ourselves presentable to Him.


We are sinners until the precious cleansing blood of Jesus is applied to our hearts for the forgiveness of our sins. We can’t buy our way into Heaven and we can’t work our way into Heaven. The redeeming blood of Jesus is the only way to Heaven.


I don’t know how many crises and heartaches you have but I do know the One who can restore your health, your marriage and your home. It is always safe to trust Jesus. What He says, He will do! Thank You, Jesus, for being our restoring Shepherd.


Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: