Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thanksgiving: Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (King James Version)


Thanksgiving is next month and we will have special events. However, every day should be Thanksgiving because God does so much for us every day. The most important thing in this world we have to be thankful for is Jesus, our precious Saviour.


Many years ago when I worked in nursing homes, I heard one of the residents say to another resident “When I was a child, we didn’t have indoor plumbing. We had to go to the bathroom outside.” Do we thank God that we have indoor plumbing?


When I worked the evening shift, I had to put a lot of residents to bed. Most of them were unable to lift their legs up on the bed and I had to put their legs on the bed for them. Have you ever thanked God because you are able to get in bed by yourself?


Do we thank Him for our bed? I don’t always remember to do it but many nights I have said to Him “Thank You for my bed, for my pillows, for my bedspread and sheets”. We take so many things for granted. May God forgive us.


As we celebrate Thanksgiving next month, let’s not forget to thank Him for the most important thing He has given us, our precious Saviour. He sent His beloved Son into the world to die for our sins. What great love He has for you and for me!


Heavenly Father, we confess we have sinned because we don’t always thank You for all You do for us. We’re sorry we hurt You. Please have mercy on us and forgive us for hurting You. May we never forget to thank You for our precious Saviour. Amen.


Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: