Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Great Quote from Malcolm Muggeridge

"People do not believe lies because they have to, but because they want to."

- Malcolm Muggeridge

"I can say that I never knew what joy was like until I gave up pursuing happiness, or cared to live until I chose to die. For these two discoveries I am beholden to Jesus." 
- Malcolm Muggeridge


"Contrary to what might be expected, I look back on experience that at the  time seemed especially desolating and painful with particular satisfaction. Indeed, I can say with complete truthfulness that everything I have learned in my seventy-five years in this world, everything that has truly enhanced and enlightened my experience, has been  through affliction and not through happiness, whether pursued or attained. In other words, if it were ever possible to eliminate affliction from our earthly existence by means of some drug or other medical mumbo jumbo...the result would make it too banal and trivial to be endurable. This, of course is what the cross signifies. And it is  the Cross that has called me inexorably to Christ."
- Malcolm Muggeridge

No comments: