Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HE WILL SAVE US
 “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”
 John 12:46,47 (King James Version)
      We have a precious loving Saviour.  He loves us so much that He willingly walked that long lonely road to Calvary to die for us on the cross.  There is no one like Jesus.  No one loves us like He loves us.  Our families and our friends love us but their love doesn’t compare to His love for us.
      Priscilla Jane Owens taught Sunday school and wrote most of her hymns for her students.  She wrote one of my favourite hymns “Jesus Saves”.  I love these words.  “Sing above the battle strife: Jesus saves!  Jesus saves!”  He wants to save us and take us from darkness into His light.
      Not only does Jesus save us from our sins, He is also our light in a world filled with darkness.  A pastor friend once said in his sermon “We were in a cave and it was so dark we couldn’t see our hands”.  I’ve never been in a cave but before I accepted Jesus as my personal Saviour, it was very dark in my heart.
      If you are still walking in the darkness of your heart, open your heart to Jesus and let Him come in to be your personal Saviour.  He will fill your heart with light, joy, happiness, excitement and peace.  You don’t have to walk in the darkness of this world any longer.  Give your heart and life to Jesus today!
 Joanne Lowe

No comments: