Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HE SEES THE BLOOD
“And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.”
Exodus 12:13 (King James Version)
      I have received several emails in the last six years from people who have told me that they sinned and failed Jesus.  I also have sinned and failed Jesus.  However, God does not see our sins and our failures.  What He does see is the blood of Jesus.  Our Heavenly Father is a Holy God and He can’t look on sin.
      When Jesus hung on the cross, He took all of our sins on Him.  God could not even look at His own Son hanging there because Jesus had taken our sins on Him.  How thankful I am that God does not disown us when we hurt Him and fail Him.  Not only does He see the blood of Jesus, He still loves us.
      Don’t let satan lie to you and tell you that you are a terrible person.  You are not a terrible person.  You are human and as humans we will sin and fail Jesus.  No one is perfect.  There was only one perfect person and His name is Jesus.  Thank God that when we do sin we have an advocate with the Father.
      “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.  And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1).  One of the definitions for advocate in Webster’s Dictionary is “one that pleads the cause of another”.  Jesus pleads our cause with God.
      Heavenly Father, we thank You for loving us even when we hurt You and fail You.  Jesus, thank You for dying for our sins and for the precious blood that You shed for us.   Amen.

Joanne Lowe

No comments: