Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

WE MUST NEVER FORGET
“And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.”
Luke 23:33 (King James Version)
      Jennie Evelyn Hussey wrote the hymn “Lead Me to Calvary”.  Are we doing what the words in this hymn tell us to do?  “May I be willing, Lord, to bear Daily my cross for Thee; Even Thy cup of grief to share, Thou hast borne all for me.”  Can we honestly say we are willing to bear our cross daily even if it hurts?
      May we let these words in the hymn enter our hearts and help us to remember what our precious Saviour did for us on the cross.  “Lest I forget Gethsemane, Lest I forget Thine agony; Lest I forget Thy love for me, Lead me to Calvary.”  We need to remember and we must never forget what Jesus did for us.
      It is so easy to serve Jesus when everything is going great but what about the times when people criticize us?  I have received many emails from people who tell me that I am wonderful because I write devotions every day.  How I appreciate all of those emails because I need encouragement just like you do.
      However, I am human and I get discouraged.  Many times satan has told me that I am wasting my time, that nobody would care if I didn’t send another devotion and that Jesus doesn’t love me.  I submit to you on the authority of the Word of God that Jesus does love us and we are not wasting our time serving Jesus.
      What it all comes down to is how much we love Jesus.  Jesus loves us so much that He died for us.  Remember, the level of our service to Jesus depends on our level of love for Him.  Are you willing to serve Him?  How much do you love Him?

Joanne Lowe

No comments: