Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THE LOUD THUNDER
"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.  And I heard a voice from heaven, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:"
Revelation 14:1,2 (King James Version)
      Yesterday, it stormed here in Pensacola, FL, where I live.  The thunder was so loud it sometimes scared me.  It reminded me of what happened in my house when I growing up.  You notice that I said house, not home.  A home is filled with love.  A house is filled with shouting, anger, threats and hatred. 
      One of the definitions for thunder in Webster's Dictionary is "a loud utterance or threat".  When I was a child and even when I was a teenager, all I heard coming from my Dad's mouth were curse words and threats.  I was terrified of my own Dad.
      To all of you who are dads, please don't threaten your children or yell at them because I not only was terrified of my Dad, I was also afraid of God because He is our Heavenly Father.  When I was first saved, it was so hard for me to believe that God loved me because I believed that my own Dad didn't love me.
      There is another kind of thunder.  It is the voice of the Lamb of God.  He doesn't yell at me.  He tells me that He loves me and tears of happiness roll down my cheeks.   What a privilege we have to be loved by Jesus!
      Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and for not yelling at me or threatening me.  I love You so much and I appreciate all that You do for me.  I'm not afraid of You anymore.  Amen.
 Joanne Lowe

No comments: