Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THE HAPPIEST DAY
 "And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;"
2 Chronicles 15:12 (King James Version)
      Pastor Philip Doddridge wrote the hymn "O Happy Day, That Fixed My Choice".  The words describe how our lives are changed from sadness to happiness when we are saved.  "Happy day, happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away!  He taught me how to watch and pray, and live rejoicing every day."
      I have had many happy days in my life but none of them compare to the happiness that flooded my heart when I invited Jesus into my heart to be my personal Saviour.  Not only is He my Saviour, He is also my best friend and constant companion.  He laughs with me and cries with me.  O what a precious friend!
      Jesus gives us much more than happiness.  He also fills our heart with joy.  We read in the Bible "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalm 16:11).  If you want to have the fulness of joy, stay in His presence.
      When Jesus washes our sins away and comes into our heart to be our personal Saviour, it truly is the happiest day of our lives.  Does Jesus live in your heart?  If not, I urge you, I plead with you to invite Him into your heart before it is too late.  Don't miss out on spending eternity with Jesus.  He loves you so much.
      Heavenly Father, I pray that You would touch people and speak to their heart.  Please help them to realize that without Jesus in their heart they will never know real happiness.  Thank You for Jesus and thank You for loving me and for Your patience with me and understanding.  Amen.  I love You, dear Father.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: