Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HIS LOVE IS POWERFUL
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38,39 (King James Version)
      Has anyone ever told you that God didn't love you because you're not good enough?  I was told that for years and it broke my heart.  I tried harder and harder to be perfect.  One day, God spoke to my heart and told me that I would never be perfect and that He loved me.  He said that I was His child.
      When we invite Jesus into our heart to be our personal Saviour,  we are adopted into God's family.  People can lie to us and tell us that we're not good enough for God to love us but nothing and nobody can separate us from the love of God.  Not only does God love us, He is also able to protect us from all harm.
      Evangelist Daniel Webster Whittle wrote a beautiful hymn "I Know Whom I Have Believed".  The words in this hymn are so precious to me.  "But I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able To keep that which I've committed Unto Him against that day".
      Not only is He able to keep us safe from the world, He also keeps everything we tell Him in confidence.  There are times when we are guilty of repeating something that someone has told us even after the person asked us not to repeat it.
      Heavenly Father, how wonderful it is to know that I can come to You and share what is in my heart.  You are a loving and compassionate Father.  I love You with all of my heart.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: