Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

OUR SINS ARE GONE
"And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole."
Mark 6:56 (King James Version)
      Some people have told me that they don't think that they can be forgiven for their sins.  I submit to you on the authority of the Word of God that if we have asked God to forgive us for our sins and have invited the Christ of Calvary into our hearts to be our Saviour, every sin we have ever committed has been forgiven.
      Thomas Sullivan wrote a beautiful hymn about our sins being gone.  The name of the hymn is "He Touched Me and Made Me Whole".  "He touched me and thus made me whole; Bringing comfort and rest to my soul; O glad happy day, all my sins rolled away!  For He touched me and thus made me whole."
      Don't let satan lie to you and tell you that you can't be forgiven.  This is just another way that satan tries to discourage and defeat us.  We know that satan is a liar and he will do everything he can do to keep us from serving Jesus.  When Jesus touches us, we are made whole and all of our sins are forgiven.
      Heavenly Father, I pray that You would please speak to those who think You can't forgive them and reassure them that You do forgive them.  May they have peace, the peace that only You can give.  Thank You for Jesus, our precious Saviour.  We love You and we appreciate all that You do for us.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: