Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

WE NEED JESUS
"Abide in me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."
 John 15:4,5 (King James Version)
      O how we need Jesus!  This world is too cruel to live in without Jesus.  We need Him as our personal Saviour, as our friend and as our comforter.  I have lost track of the countless times He has picked me up and carried me through the dark valleys and set me once again on the mountain top of happiness.
      Frederick Whitfield wrote the hymn "I Need Thee, Precious Jesus".  These words are so true.  "I need Thee, precious Jesus, I need a friend like Thee, A friend to soothe and pity, A friend to care for me.  I need the heart of Jesus to feel each anxious care, To tell my every trouble, And all my sorrows share".
      Have you ever tried to do something by yourself and failed to accomplish it?  The reason you couldn't do it is because Jesus said "without me ye can do nothing".  We need Jesus every minute of every day.  We not only need Him as our personal Saviour, we also need Him as our friend.
      Life is meaningless without Jesus.  If you have never invited Jesus into your heart to be your personal Saviour, I urge you, I plead with you to give your heart and life to Him before it is too late.  He loves you so much that He died for your sins.  Don't miss out on spending eternity in Heaven with Jesus.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: