Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

WHY HE IS SO PRECIOUS TO ME
“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”
John 19:30 (King James Version)
          Many people ask me why I love Jesus so much and why He is so precious to me. Albert Allen Ketchum answered this question in the song he wrote “Why Do I Sing About Jesus”. I love the words in this beautiful song. They describe the happiness I feel and the gratitude in my heart for Jesus.
          “Why do I sing about Jesus? Why is He precious to me? He is my Lord and my Saviour: Dying, He set me free!” Jesus has not only set me free from my sins; He has also set me free from terror and from the tortured thoughts that I had every day for over thirty years. What a Saviour, this Jesus of Nazareth!
          Our Scripture verse is a powerful verse. When Jesus said “It is finished” every sin that we have committed or ever will commit was put under His precious redeeming blood. We don’t have to be in bondage to Satan anymore. When Jesus died for us, He defeated Satan and set us free from the bondage of Satan.
          Thanksgiving is only three days away. If you can’t find anything else to be thankful for, you can be thankful that Jesus loves you so much that He died for you. Knowing that the Saviour of the world loves you so much that He died for you should make you shout with excitement and happiness.
          Why is it that we will cheer for our favorite sports team but we fail to cheer for Jesus? It is time that we start cheering for Jesus. If ever someone deserves to be cheered for, it is Jesus, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords! Will you stand up and cheer for Jesus even if people make fun of you?
Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: