Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

'Setting Sun' : A great painting by Geoffrey Key

I'm fortunate to count Manchester-based artist, Geoffrey Key, amongst my friends, and even more fortunate to possess this picture by him titled Setting Sun, and painted in all its vibrancy in 2003. I love his use of such vibrant colours and the interpretation that he places upon his subject matter.


This picture never fails to draw me to it. I remember the first time that I set eyes on it hanging in a gallery, and the feeling that I really had to have it to hang on my wall! I think that it is the setting sun itself that attracts me, reminding me of the times that I have sat on my veranda when living in Africa, and watched the sun set, displaying the wonderful reds, golds and purples of the evening sky as the orb of molten gold slipped out of view.


I hope that you like it as much as me, dear reader.

No comments: