Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thoughts upon 'The Lord's Prayer'

I cannot pray 'OUR',if my faith denies others and their need.
I cannot pray 'FATHER', if I do not demonstrate this relationship to God in my daily living.
I cannot pray 'WHO ART IN HEAVEN', if all of my interests and pursuits are in earthly things.
I cannot pray 'HALLOWED BE THY NAME',if I am not striving for holiness with God's help.
I cannot pray 'THY KINGDOM COME', if I am unwilling to accept God's rule in my life.
I cannot pray 'THY WILL BE DONE', unless I'm prepared to submit wholly to God's will.
I cannot pray 'ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN', unless I am truly ready to give myself to God's service here and now.
I cannot pray 'GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD', without expending honest effort for it, or if I withhold the bread I receive from my neighbour.
I cannot pray 'FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US', unless I am prepared to forgive others first.
I cannot pray 'LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION', if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.
I cannot pray 'DELIVER US FROM EVIL', if I am not prepared to fight with my life and through prayer.
I cannot pray 'THINE IS THE KINGDOM', if I am unwilling to obey the King.
I cannot pray 'THINE IS THE POWER AND THE GLORY', if I am seeking power for myself and my own glory.
I cannot pray 'FOREVER AND EVER', if I am too anxious about each day's affairs.
And I cannot pray 'AMEN', unless I can honestly say 'Not MY will,Lord, but THY will be done',
. . . so let it be.

No comments: