Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

YOU NEED A REASON
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.  And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
Luke 2:10-14 (King James Version)
      An elderly lady was talking to her daughter and said "People think that when you are as old as me that you should be glad just to be alive.  Well, it doesn't work that way.  You need a reason to get out of bed in the morning."  May God comfort and encourage everyone who feels this way. 
      I cried when I heard the lady say that to her daughter because I felt the same way for many years even though I wasn't an elderly lady.  I wasn't living, I only existed.  I too needed a reason to get out of bed in the morning.  When Jesus told me that He loves me, I had a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
      Jesus is the reason for everything we do in life.  Without Jesus, everything we do is meaningless.  The desire of my heart is to make Jesus happy.  He has done so much for me and I want to do anything and everything I can do for Him.  How grateful I am to God for giving me the privilege of serving His Son.
      Yes, Jesus is the reason that we can keep going even in the midst of heartaches, trials, crises and vicious poisonous attacks from satan.  Jesus, I love You so much that I feel like shouting it to the world.  Thank You for loving me and for caring what happens to me.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: