Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Off to preach in Wales once again . . .



      In a couple of hours time I shall be travelling towards Wales to serve the Lord by ministering at the morning service in the Presbyterian Chapel at Hill Street, Rhosllanerchrugog, North Wales. I pray that the Lord's anointing will be on me and that it will be His words and not mine, that the people will be ministered to through me but by Him, for that's how it should be. How easy it would be to think that it is those who are called to share the Gospel are the creator of the message that they give, when in reality, if the message has been prayerfully prepared, we are only the deliverers of it. The impact of the message is not down to our skill but to our obedience, and it is when the delivery of it is seen to be enabled by the Holy Spirit that it impacts most, not only upon the listeners but on the one who delivers it as well.
      When I share the Word of God then I expect great things to happen because I expect that God will work in the hearts and minds of those who hear what I have been given to say. I pray that today I will ensure that it's all about God and that I may diminish and He increase in the eyes of the people in the chapel.

No comments: