Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

ANYWHERE
"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?  Then said I, Here am I; send me."
Isaiah 6:8 (King James Version)
      Jessie Brown Pounds wrote a beautiful hymn "Anywhere with Jesus".  We sing this hymn but do we really mean what we are singing?  "Anywhere with Jesus, over land and sea, Telling souls in darkness of salvation free; Ready as He summons me to go or stay, Anywhere with Jesus when He points the way."
      We'll go over land and sea as a foreign missionary but are we willing to be a home missionary and go next door and across the street to tell them about Jesus?  We might have said to Jesus "Here am I; send me" but we won't go next door to tell them about Jesus and that He loves them so much He died for them.
      It is true that we need foreign missionaries but we also need home missionaries.  Think what would happen if everyone in our neighborhood fell in love with Jesus and started serving Him.  Not only would many souls be won to Jesus but marriages would be put back together and families reunited.
      Are you willing to shut off the television set and get out of your comfort zone to go next door to your neighbor and across the street and tell them that Jesus loves them?  So many times when we witness we preach to them instead of first telling them that Jesus loves them so much that He died for them.
      Do we really mean it when we say to Jesus "Here am I; send me" or are we just saying the words?  May God have mercy on us if we don't mean it.  Jesus died for us.  What are we doing for Him?  How can we do less than serve Him with all of our heart?  He loves us so much.  How much do we love Him?
Joanne Lowe

No comments: