Total Pageviews

Monday, December 20, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

JESUS ALWAYS PROVIDES
 “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.”
Psalm 23:1 (King James Version
          When I walked down the aisle at church during the invitation time on October 4, 1998 and surrendered to the mission field, Pastor David prayed the most beautiful prayer for me.  After he prayed for me, he said “God has called you to the mission field and He will equip you and meet all your needs.” 
          Pastor David was right.  God has met all my needs.  There have been many times when all I had to eat was soup and bread but I never went hungry.  Just like the shepherds watch over their sheep so Jesus, the great Shepherd, watches over us.  What a privilege we have to be loved by the great Shepherd. 
          Jesus not only makes sure we have enough to eat, He also comforts us and encourages us.  When grief and heartaches overwhelm us and we can’t sleep, He sits beside our beds and holds our hands as He dries the tears from our hearts and eyes with tender kisses.
          Even now when my hands are hurting so badly that it is very painful to type this devotion, Jesus is providing the strength I need to type it.  Yes, Jesus always provides.  It is always safe to trust Jesus because what He says He will do.  Thank You, Jesus, for loving us and for meeting our every need.
 Joanne Lowe

No comments: