Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."
Ezekiel 36:26 (King James Version)
      I received an email from someone who wrote "I went to your blog and read your devotions on your home page. I noticed that most of your devotions start off negative but end up positive." When I read that email, I realized that is exactly what Jesus does for us. He takes the negative from us and gives us the positive.
      Before I confessed my sins, and asked God to forgive me and invited Jesus into my heart to be my personal Saviour on August 14, 1980, I had a stony heart. I hated everyone and I didn't trust anybody. My heart was filled with bitterness and resentment and with criticism and judgment for others.
      On that glorious day when I was saved, Jesus took all of those negative things out of my heart and He gave me a new heart. He removed all of the garbage that was in my heart and filled it with unconditional love and compassion for others. When we allow that garbage to remain in our heart, it stinks in His nostrils.
      What about you? What is in your heart? Are you constantly criticizing people and judging them? Do you smell sweet to Jesus or do you stink in His nostrils? May God forgive us for judging people. That is His responsibility and right, not ours. Have you allowed Jesus to give you a heart of flesh?
      Heavenly Father, we confess that we have sinned at times and hurt You. We're sorry. Please have mercy on us and forgive us for judging people when we have no right to do so. Jesus, thank You for giving me a new heart. I love You so much. Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: