Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

WE CAN DEPEND ON JESUS
"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, to day, and forever."
Hebrews 13:8 (King James Version)
      There are people who are unpredictable.  We never know what kind of mood they will be in and sometimes we find ourselves avoiding these people.  We can always depend on Jesus to be in a good mood because He is the same today as He was yesterday and He will be the same forever.  He never changes.
      A man said to his boss "I don't want to go home because I don't know what kind of mood my wife will be in.  At times, she is lovable, sweet and kind.  Other times she is irritable and she starts yelling at me as soon as I walk in the door.  I just never know what to expect from her."
      A woman who was getting her hair cut at the beauty shop said to her beautician "I'm afraid of my husband because there have been times when he has hit me.  When he doesn't hit me, he tells me that I am no good and he doesn't know why he ever married me.  I don't want to go home but I have no place to go".
      How comforting and reassuring it is to know that Jesus will never hit us or yell at us.  When we are hurting and afraid, we can run into the arms of Jesus.  He is waiting for us to come to Him.  He longs to comfort and encourage us and dry our tears with His kisses of compassion and understanding.
      Heavenly Father, thank You for sharing Jesus with us and for giving Him to us so we can be saved.  Jesus, thank You for dying for our sins and for always being the same.  I love You so much and I appreciate all You have done for me.  It is comforting to know that You will never yell at us or hit us.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: