Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

DO YOUR BEST
"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:13,14 (King James Version)
      One of the most vicious poisonous arrows that satan hurls at us is when he reminds us of our past and takes us on a trip down memory lane.  For many years, I allowed him to discourage me as he told me over and over that I was not worthy to be saved and that Jesus didn't love me. 
      That is a lie straight from the pits of hell!  None of us are worthy to be saved but through the precious redeeming blood of the Christ of Calvary we can be saved.  Don't let satan lie to you and deceive you because Jesus does love us.  There is nothing that we would ever do that would make Jesus stop loving us.
     However, just because we know that Jesus will love us forever does not give us an excuse to deliberately do things that He has commanded us not to do.  We should be so grateful to Jesus for dying for us and for all that He has done for us that we should constantly look for ways to make Him happy. 
      All of us have sinned and made mistakes because none of us are perfect.  Instead of dwelling on our past sins, we need to forget about them and do our best to serve Jesus now.  Are you doing your best for Jesus?
      We read in the Bible "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12).  Thank You, Heavenly Father, for Your mercy and grace.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: