Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Check out the art of the talented Arthur Orum

Arthur Orum says of himself:
"I am a naturalised American, born in Wisconsin, moving to New Orleans, to follow my chosen Path in Life. To Create, and enjoy the world before us. I moved to Europe many Years ago, and settled in the Artist's Colony & Fishing Port of St Ives, in West Cornwall. This stunning English Gem has remained my home of choice through marriage and work. I am living my dream on this spectacular Atlantic Peninsular, with friends and foe."


The light is excellent for artists to work with, and I have no doubt that working amongst a community of people whose soul is touched by the easy-going charm and natural beauty increases the inspirational qualities of the area.


I love this picture which shows the vibrancy of this Cornish fishing town, now the favourite haunt of artists from around the world. I have often visited St Ives at all times of the year, and have never found any time that I have not enjoyed it. Here, Arthur Orum captures the ethos of the summer, the blue of the sky reflected in the sea and the shape of the cottages reflecting the higgledy-piggledy appearance of the town itself.


What a great picture to hang on your wall. I don't think that you would dare be sad after looking at it first thing in the morning!

1 comment:

Franz said...

All your paints are more than beautiful, thanks to share it with the world.