Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HE ROSE FOR US
"And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.  He is not here: for he is risen, as he said, Come, see the place where the Lord lay.  And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you."
Matthew 28:5-7 (King James Version)
      On Easter Sunday, we will celebrate the resurrection of our precious Saviour.  Gladys Wescott Roberts wrote these words in the hymn "Wounded for Me".  "Risen for me, risen for me, Up from the grave He has risen for me; Now evermore from death's sting I am free, All because Jesus has risen for me."
      Yes, praise God, Jesus rose for us.  However, to rise for us, He first had to die for us.  Every time I think about the Saviour of the world loving me so much that He died for my sins, I get tears in my eyes.  What a Saviour, this Jesus of Nazareth!  There is no one like Jesus.  No one loves us like He loves us.
      Jesus rose for us.  Have we risen for Him?  We need to shut off the television set and rise from our chairs and serve the One who gave His all for us.  It is urgent that we tell our loved ones and the world that our risen Saviour loves them so much that He died for them so they can be saved and live with Him in Heaven.
      Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone and serve our risen Saviour?  You might say "I work hard and I deserve to rest".  Jesus left His Father and His home to come to earth and die for you.  May God have mercy on us and forgive us for watching television instead of serving our risen Saviour.
Joanne Lowe
April 20, 2011

No comments: