Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

WALKING IN THE LIGHT
"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
John 8:12 (King James Version)
      Fanny Crosby who wrote thousands of hymns wrote a hymn that always encourages and inspires me "Close to Thee".  We are living in a world that is full of violence, hatred and darkness.  O how you and I need to walk close to our Saviour because not only is He the light of the world, He is also the light in our heart.
      "Not for ease or worldly pleasure, nor for fame my prayer shall be; Gladly will I toil and suffer, only let me walk with Thee.  Close to Thee, close to Thee, close to Thee, close to Thee, Gladly will I toil and suffer, only let me walk with Thee."  We don't have to walk alone or in the darkness because Jesus is our light.
      Are you walking in the light of Jesus or are you still walking in the darkness of satan?  I honestly don't know how I made it in this crazy world without Jesus in my heart.  He not only is my Saviour, He is also my best friend.  I want to walk so close to Him that you won't be able to see me, you will only see Him.
      Don't allow satan to keep you in darkness.  Invite the Christ of Calvary into your heart to be your personal Saviour and you will have His light in your heart.  He will never leave you, not even for one minute.  He will be the dearest friend you have ever had. 
      Heavenly Father, thank You for Jesus who is the light of the world and the light in our heart.  How I love You, dear Father.  You are such a compassionate, wonderful, tender and precious Father.  Jesus, thank You so much for taking the darkness from my heart and shining Your light in my heart.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: