Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

THE THINGS KIDS SAY . . . (9)

A new neighbour asked the little girl next door if she had any brothers and sisters. She replied, "No, I'm the lonely child."

I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colours yet, so I decided to test her.  I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me, and always she was correct. But it was fun for me, so I continued.  At last she headed for the door, saying sagely, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"

While her mother was studying the chapter on haematology for her nursing class, four-year-old Danielle asked what she was read­ing. Her mother said she was learning about blood and she explained how the heart pumps blood all the way through the body. Then she taught Danielle to feel her pulse in her wrists and feet.
    Danielle wandered away and her mother noticed her looking at the soles of her feet. Then Danielle twisted and turned and pulled down the top of her shorts to look at her bottom. She stretched her arms all the way around and managed to feel her back. Her mother didn't pay any attention until Danielle came back and asked, "Where do we put the batteries?"

No comments: