Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

ARE WE LIVING FOR HIM
"For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again."
2 Corinthians 5:14,15 (King James Version)
      Many years ago when I lived in Texas, my pastor preached a sermon on serving Jesus.  One of the things Pastor Byron said in his sermon was "If you want to fly higher than a kite, start serving Jesus".  There are times when I feel like I really am flying higher than a kite since I started serving Jesus.
      On October 4, 1998, God spoke to my heart and called me to be a missionary and I surrendered to the mission field.  After Pastor David prayed for me, he said "Don't wait until God tells you what He is giving you as your mission field, start serving Him now."  I didn't wait.  I started telling people that Jesus loves them.
      You may say that you don't have any talents so you can't serve Jesus.  That is not true because there is always something that you can do.  You can start telling people that Jesus loves them.  There are so many people who are hurting and they desperately need to know that Jesus loves them and cares about them.
      Are we living for Him?  May God help us to get out of our comfort zones and serve the One who left His Father, His home and everything that He had for us.  The desire of my heart is to make Jesus happy.  That should be the desire of every Christian.  Our precious Saviour deserves to be happy.
      Heavenly Father, we confess that we have sinned at times because we have lived for ourselves instead of living for Jesus.  We're sorry.  Please have mercy on us and forgive us.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
April 22, 2011

No comments: