Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

OUR PROVIDER
"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice."
Psalm 63:6,7 (King James Version)
      Civilla Durfee Martin who was a school teacher wrote one of my favorite hymns "God Will Take Care of You".  What a comfort and encouragement it is to know that God will take care of us.  God is our provider and He will never fail us.  We have a loving and compassionate Heavenly Father.
      I love these words in this beautiful hymn "All you may need He will provide, God will take care of you; Nothing you ask will be denied, God will take care of you.  No matter what may be the test, God will take care of you; Lean, weary one, upon His breast, God will take care of you."
      I think if we are honest with ourselves all of us will have to admit that there are times when we are weary and need to rest.  Our Heavenly Father is waiting for us to come to Him so He can give us rest and comfort and encourage us.  God not only gives us rest, He is also our provider.  Whatever we need, He gives us.
      Heavenly Father, how we praise and thank You for not only giving us rest but also for being our provider.  You love us so much and You are so faithful to us.  May we be as faithful to You as You are to us.  Father, I pray for everyone who is weary.  Would You please comfort and encourage them.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: